Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
With summer just right around the corner, our family will be celebrating a LOT of birthdays. For the last couple of years, I have made my kid’s birthday cakes. Last year, I made my son an amazing Wipeout themed birthday cake. I’ll definitely have to share that one with you soon. But for this year, I think I have a new option that will be perfect. Check out this Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake! Since we have celebrated several birthdays at the lake, this will also travel with us easily! This is so yummy, I don’t even need a special occasion to make it. Just because it’s the weekend is a good enough reason for me!
- 1 cup Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla, divided
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 12oz Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 12" pizza pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar, ½ of the vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet, and then add the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough onto the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the icing, whisk or sift together the cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and last half of the vanilla in a large bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar cocoa powder mixture, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is the right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Transfer the icing to a piping bag and decorate around the edge of the cookie.
- Slice and serve.
Doesn’t this Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake look amazing? It goes together really quickly, and you can make the icing or leave it off. We are adding new recipes all of the time so be sure to visit us often. You can browse through all of our recipes HERE! Looking for more delicious cupcake, cookie and cake recipes? Then check out this cookbook! It’s got over 100 recipes!