Skinny Mini Brownie Bites
Being as it’s a new year, there are several people (including myself) that are trying to live a little healthier and make better food choices. My problem with this, is that I CRAVE chocolate. I can not deprive myself of chocolate or I will go crazy! If you find that you are like this too, then these Skinny Mini Brownie Bites are for you! I started making these back when my husband and I were doing Weight Watchers. We both did really well on Weight Watchers, but have since gone a different route. If you are doing the program, then you’ll be glad to know that these are only 2 points!
- 1 box (21oz) of regular dry brownie mix
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and put liners in your mini muffin tin. This recipe makes 36 servings, but my mini muffin tin only has 24 holes...so I did 2 batches.
- In a large bowl, mix egg whites, water, applesauce and brownie mix until well blended. I did this with a spoon by hand, so as to not over mix.
- Pour mixture into muffin liners, filling almost to the top.
- Bake brownie bites for about 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one comes out clean.
- Remove brownie bites from oven and cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
You may have noticed that my mini muffin tin gets a little messy when I make these Skinny Mini Brownie Bites. Even though it may take a little longer, it may be easier or cleaner to use a bag and pipe the batter into them. I have some little measuring cups with a spout (like these) that I used. We are adding new recipes every day so be sure to check back with us often. You can browse through all of our yummy recipes HERE!