Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Oh Yes!! These Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are as good as they look!! Cupcakes are such an easy treat to make and they are so fun to decorate. These can be left with just the frosting on top, or you can go all out and place the little cookies on top too! We will be adding more yummy holiday recipes every day, so be sure to visit us often or you can always browse through our list HERE!
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- ½ cup of molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1½ teaspoons of ginger
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of allspice
- ¾ cup of water
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Beat together the sugar, butter, molasses, water and eggs on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Once done, allow to sit in muffin pan for 5 minutes before moving to cooling racks to finish.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add the butter and continue beating until mixture is blended and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and brown sugar and beat for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved and frosting is light and fluffy.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag with the star tip and frost tops of each cupcake. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm icing.
- You can optionally top with a gingerbread man cookie as garnish.
I can’t wait to make these Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting for my daughter to take to school! She’s only in Pre-K so we can still take food as a treat. We like to put the cookie on top just because it makes for a great presentation, but that is completely optional. If you do a lot of baking during the holidays, like we do, and you need some new pans, check out this set! It’s a great set and should cover most of your baking needs!