Chocolate Covered Krispie Bites
If you are a regular visitor here at Sweet and Simple Living, then you know that I LOVE rice krispie treats. We’ve done it again and changed up the regular recipe to make these Chocolate Covered Krispie Bites! These are not only adorable but really good and will probably not last long! We cut these kind of small to be a one, maybe 2, bite treat and decorated them with Christmas colored sprinkles. This recipe is very versatile and you could make these for any holiday. You could use white chocolate and different candies, to go with any occasion!
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 10.5 oz of marshmallows
- 1 cup of chocolate melting chips
- Using butter or cooking spray, prepare a 9 x 13 pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Butter your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Allow to cool.
- Line a cutting board or tray with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Cut rice krispies into approximately 1" square bites and place on prepared tray. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Heat chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute, stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using a fork dip each bite into chocolate to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to tray.
- You can optionally decorate with sprinkles or candy decorations.
Voila! That is all it takes to make these Chocolate Covered Krispie Bites! One other idea, that I think is so cute, is cutting these into little shapes with tiny cookie cutters. I have a set like this one! That is a holiday set, but you can get them for all kinds of celebrations.