Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
Ladies and gentlemen…..start your crock pot! We have had nothing but cold, gloomy weather here in Texas for several days now. We don’t do well in this kind of weather so the first thing I do is get my trusty crock pot out! We are having three cheese tortellini for dinner tonight and it will be served with this delicious Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce. You know I love this recipe because it cooks itself. It also makes the house smell good because of all of the spices and herbs cooking in it.
It’s a Slow Cooker Revolution! If you are a fan of these amazing slow cooker recipes, then you will enjoy some others slow cooker recipes that will blow your mind away! Check them out!
- 1 lb of ground beef - I prefer the really lean beef
- 1 lb of Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of minced onion
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 8oz of mini sweet peppers (stems and seeds removed) cut into small bites
- 45oz of diced tomatoes, drained
- 24oz of tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Crumble and brown ground beef and sausage, along with onion and garlic. Then drain the excess fat.
- Place the meat mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve warm over your favorite pasta.
Doesn’t this Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce look yummy! We’ll be putting this with tortellini and also have bread sticks and a salad….complete meal done! This makes a large batch of sauce so if you have extra, store it in the fridge in an airtight container to use with another meal in the next week. Even though I don’t always have to take my entire crock pot with me to a friend or family members house, this crock pot is the one I LOVE! The locking lid makes everything so much easier when I do need to travel with it.
Be sure to come back and visit us often. We are adding new recipes every day and you can see them all HERE!