Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
I hope everyone is enjoying Spring as much as we are! We’ve been playing outside more, working in the garden and of course playing lots of baseball! I’m sure that most families have very busy and hectic schedules just like we do, and that’s why I love crock pot and slow cooker recipes so much. Today, I wanted to share this Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos recipe with you. This is a delicious and filling recipe that is perfect to come home to after a long day. It makes a good amount too so you can have left overs for work the next day, or make up a few for the kids lunches.
- 1lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 1½ tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of corn starch
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp of oregano
- ¼ tsp of brown sugar
- ¼ tsp of cayenne
- 12 Tortillas or Taco Shells
- Your favorite taco toppings - lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken, or cut into small strips or pieces with a fork and return to the slow cooker. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
There is almost no prep time to make these Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos and I love a recipe like that! We like to have a salad or some Ranch Style Beans with our tacos. I just put out small bowls of all of the toppings and let everyone fix their own plate. We have several crock pot and slow cooker recipes that you can try. A couple of my favorites are the Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes and our Crock Pot Herbed Pork Chops!
Don’t have a crock pot? Or maybe you need a new one? Then check out this one! It has a locking lid and you can program cooking times with it!