Easy Crock Pot French Onion Soup
Even though I am not a huge fan of onions, my mother is. Only cooked ones that is so this Easy Crock Pot French Onion Soup recipe is for her! I like easy and you probably already know that I LOVE cooking in the crock pot, but French onion soup is her absolute favorite soup. So this is a combination of things we both love. A couple of other yummy soups that we have are the Slow Cooker Potato Soup and our Copycat Panera Squash Soup! Both are delicious so give them a try too!
- 3 sliced onions
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 64oz of beef broth
- ½ tsp of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sugar to the pan and cook until light brown in color.
- Get a piece of cheesecloth and add thyme and bay leaf and tie up with string to create a bouquet garni.
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Serve warm.
When your Easy Crock Pot French Onion Soup is just about done, you can slice some french bread and top it with shredded cheese, like Swiss. Put it under the broiler for just a few moments to melt the cheese and toast the bread. Lay the toasted bread on top of the soup when you serve it. Voila! Complete meal done!
If you’re looking for more great slow cooker recipes, you may want to give this cookbook a try! It has over 400 delicious recipes in it and has something for everyone!