Easy Snowball Cookies
If you need a really easy and really good cookie recipe, then this one is for you. Who doesn’t like easy and good, right?? These are our Easy Snowball Cookies! This is a classic cookie that you have probably seen most of your life….or at least for me that is the case. The recipe below will show you to make your own batch up and you won’t believe how quickly these can be done! We put almonds in ours, so if nuts are an issue, please let people know that ahead of time.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1½ cups of powdered sugar
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1½ cups of almonds or pecans
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and set un-greased cookie sheet(s) to the side.
- Chop nuts in a food processor to finely chop.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, salt and ½ cup of the powdered sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in the nuts and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Slowly add in flour, mixing well.
- Shape into ½-3/4" balls and place on the un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Fill a zippered bag with remaining powdered sugar and gently shake each cookie in bag so it is well coated.
These Easy Snowball Cookies are “snow easy” don’t you think? Okay, that was my bad attempt to make a joke. The kids thought it was funny and that’s all that matters! If you’re looking for more really easy recipes for the holidays try our Holiday Spritz Butter Cookies or the Easy Rudolph Truffles! Or try this cookbook….the cookies in here are adorable, easy and delicious!