DIY Valentine Suckers
If I had known making my own suckers was this easy, I would have been doing these a long time ago. Now that my kids are getting a little older, I will actually let them have suckers. They still get all sticky, but I think that’s just part of being a kid. Check out these DIY Valentine Suckers! Aren’t they so cute? You can basically use any flavor of drink mix that you can get your hands on, so the sky is the limit. But that also means this is another one of those recipes that you can use on multiple holidays and personalize it to your liking with a simple change.
- 1 cup of Sugar
- ½ cup of Water
- ⅓ cup of Corn Syrup
- ⅛ of Unsweetened Kool Aid drink mix (any flavor you like: cherry, Black Cherry, Pink Lemonade, etc.)
- 5 Lollipop Sticks
- 1 heart shaped Lollipop mold
- Spray the lollipop mold with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the sticks in the mold and put it into the freezer until ready to use.
- In a large pan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Cook on high until you get to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (hard crack stage).
- Add ⅛ of the contents of the Kool-Aid packet (amount in packet varies based on flavor).
- Remove from heat and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing.
Can you believe how easy these DIY Valentine Suckers are to make? Why did I not try this before? Who knew how easy it was? Well, now I know and there’s no stopping me! If you can’t find the heart shaped lollipop mold, you can order it HERE.