Easy Pumpkin French Toast
Doesn’t this Easy Pumpkin French Toast look yummy?? This is what we had for breakfast this morning and everyone loved it! This was my first time making it. It’s the basic concept of regular french toast with a little different spices. I’m trying out some crowd pleasing recipes so I can be ready for all the family we will have visiting soon. Our Christmas celebrations start in less than a week!! In fact both of my kids have their school Christmas parties at the end of the week and we will officially be on break! The recipe is super easy, check it out below!
- 12 slices of thick sliced white bread (Texas Toast)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons of butter (for the skillet)
- Mix together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin spice until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow dish. I like to use a pie plate.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and place a small pat of butter in the skillet.
- When butter melts, dip a piece of bread in egg mixture allowing the mixture to absorb for a couple of seconds. Flip over and dip the other side of the bread.
- Cook bread in the skillet until the bottom is browned. Add a little butter and flip to cook the other side until browned.
- Dust with powdered sugar or serve with whipped butter and syrup.
I like to eat my Easy Pumpkin French Toast just the way it is. The kids like to put a little syrup on theirs. You may also want to try our Easy Crockpot French Toast or our Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls. They are both great choices for a warm, delicious breakfast!
If you LOVE breakfast as much as we do, then check out this cookbook! There are over 100 yummy recipes to try!