Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
I don’t know if this is the “norm” or not, but I always like to have chocolate chip cookies in my house. I usually get a craving for chocolate later in the evening, and a cookie is a way for me to satisfy my craving an not go overboard. If you’re like me and love chocolate chip cookies, then you’ll definitely want to try these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies! It’s that classic, go to snack with a little kick of Fall!
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups of flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons of pumpkin spice
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, beat together the butter, egg, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla. Add the pumpkin puree and beat until all is well mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin spice and mix.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix together. Add the chocolate chips and stir until well distributed.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form dough into 1½" balls and flatten to about ¾" thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Press additional chocolate chips into the top of the cookies, if desired.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Part of the prep time for these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies is the “chill time” of the dough in the fridge. If you’re looking for some really great baking mats that help your treats turn out perfect every time, try these! They are amazing.
Be sure to check out all of our yummy recipes HERE!