Fresh Fruit Pizza Recipe
I had a ton of fresh fruit that I needed to use rather quickly and I decide to make a Fresh Fruit Pizza! My family loved it! I kinda took the easy way out of making it though. It’s a super simple recipe because it’s made with pizza dough from a can.
Some people prefer to make Fresh Fruit Pizza with cookie dough. I like it that was too sometimes but other times it can be overly sweet. I wanted something lighter than the heavy cookie at the bottom.
I tried making this with the pre-made Pizza Dough you can purchase in a can in the refrigerator section of your local grocery store. I ended up baking the pizza dough as directed on my can instructions.
Once it was cooled I made a super easy cream cheese filling. I added the fresh fruit toppings and voila! Easy dessert was ready! I love easy recipes!!!
Crust Tip: Anytime you are baking you should try using the Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mats because the crust always comes out perfect! I’ve had my baking mats for 3 years now and I rarely bake without them.
I’ve made this both with a cookie dough before and the pizza dough recipe and I think the majority of us like the pizza dough crust instead of the cookie dough.
I did like the lower sugar amount and the lightness of the crust on the pizza dough crust. Hands down I will definitely make it this way again!
We are absolutely inspired by the Real Simple Best Recipes cookbook because they have tons of Easy and Delicious meals! You should check it out! It’s worth every penny!
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookies or pizza dough (depends on your tastes)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup halved or quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 fresh banana (optional because bananas don't last long)
- 1 cup fresh cut pinneapple
- Prepare the cookie dough or pizza dough on a pizza pan and bake it according to the instructions on the package.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Spread mixture over cooled crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese.
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- To serve, cut into wedges or squares.