Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken
I don’t know about you, but it has been a LONG week here. The crazy thing is, next week will be even more hectic! So I decided to get my slow cooker back out to make things a little easier for us during dinner time. For tonight, our time saving recipe is this Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken! For this recipe, we shred the chicken and use it to make sandwiches. It makes a good amount so we always have some left over to get us through the next day or so. BONUS! A few other recipes that basically cook themselves are these Crock Pot Herbed Pork Chops, these Easy Crockpot Baked Potatoes and our Slow Cooker Potato Soup! I LOVE that potato soup, it is amazing! Now let’s get to this recipe.
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Root Beer
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and sprinkle the mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Place all of the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour in the root beer and barbecue sauce.
- Cook on the low heat setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken and return to the sauce to cook for another 30 minutes.
When we make this Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken, we get some fresh buns from the bakery and serve it with chips or some times baked beans. It’s really easy, delicious and the whole family will love it. Looking for more yummy and easy slow cooker recipes to try? Then check out this cookbook! It has 1400 recipes!! Seriously, 1400 to choose from!