Frozen Candy Cane Pie
Candy canes are a staple of the holidays. You can get them in the normal red and white or in a huge selection of different flavors and colors now. We took that delicious flavor and turned it into the Frozen Candy Cane Pie! You can top it with several different things or leave it just by itself, which is the way I like it. It has that fresh peppermint taste and a chocolate crust that will make you want to come back for another slice. If you’ve never had Frozen Candy Cane Pie, then you’ve got to try this recipe!
- 2 cups of Famous Chocolate Wafer crumbs or Oreo cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup of butter, melted
- 8oz of cream cheese, softened
- 14oz of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp of peppermint extract
- 2 cups of whipped heavy cream or 8oz of Cool Whip
- ¼ cup of crushed candy canes or starlight mints
- red food coloring
- Line a spring form pan with foil.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix well.
- Press the crumbs firmly into the bottom and partially up the sides of prepared pan. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is fluffy. Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract and food coloring and mix well. You can make it as dark or as light as you want with the food coloring. I like mine to be more of a pink color.
- Fold in the whipped topping and crushed mints. Then pour filling into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 6 hours (until firm).
- Slice and garnish with crushed mint, whipped cream or chocolate drizzle.
Now don’t worry, 6 hours of the prep time for this Frozen Candy Can Pie is just the time it is in the freezer firming up! And that’s the hardest part of this recipe…just waiting for it to be done. You can browse all of our recipes HERE! The list is growing every day so be sure to come back and visit us often.
Looking for more fun holiday recipes? Check out this cookbook! It’s FREE with Kindle Unlimited!