Easy Lucky Charms Cupcakes
I don’t know how, but one way or another St. Patrick’s day just snuck up on me this year! I do have a couple of really cute recipes to share with you for the green holiday and I’ll start with these Easy Lucky Charms Cupcakes! These are really easy to make, super cute and the kids really get a kick out of them. We always have Lucky Charms in our pantry, and most of the other ingredients needed to make these. There is also a little surprise filling in the middle for everyone to enjoy!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 7oz marshmallow cream
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp milk
- green food coloring
- 1-2 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- green sugar sprinkles
- Follow the directions on the box to make the cupcakes.
- After baking, move to a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, combine the butter and marshmallow cream in a medium bowl on medium speed until blended.
- Slowly add the sugar, beating until well blended.
- Gradually add milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer half of the icing to another bowl and add green food coloring to desired color. Mix well to blend color.
- Transfer the green icing to a zippered bag and clip a small corner to pipe.
- Using a knife, cut a small square in the center of each cupcake.
- Fill hole with green icing.
- Cut off the inner part of removed "plug" and replace in cupcake.
- Ice the top of the cupcakes with white icing.
- Place Lucky Charms pieces on top and sprinkle with green sugar sprinkles.
If you were looking for something cute and fun to make for St. Patrick’s Day, I think these Easy Lucky Charms Cupcakes are the recipe for you! These would be great to take to the office or school, if you’re allowed. Be sure to check out all of our yummy recipes HERE! We are adding new ones every day.
Cupcakes are always fun to make, and we love them in our house. If you do too, then check out this cookbook! It has 175 fun recipes and you can get the Kindle version for just $9.99!