Best Ever Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
I’m telling you, my crock pot has been putting in some over time lately. Tomorrow is opening day of spring baseball and both of my kiddos are playing this year. What that means for us is that we have practice almost every day of the week, and then we’ll spend a good part of every Saturday at the field for games. I know a lot of families are in that same position so I want to try and share as many crock pot and slow cooker recipes as I can. This is what allows us to still have a nice warm meal when we get home and I don’t have to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen. Our latest recipe is this Best Ever Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork! I don’t know if it’s because I’m from Texas or what, but Dr. Pepper is by far my first choice when I do have soda. But cooking with it makes the meat so tender and gives it amazing flavor too! If you’ve never tried this, start with this recipe!
- 3-4 lb Pork Loin Roast
- Pork Rub or your favorite seasonings
- 12oz of Dr Pepper
- Barbecue Sauce (to taste)
- Season the pork roast with your seasonings or rub on all sides.
- Place roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour in the Dr Pepper.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Drain most of the liquid and use tongs to shred the pork.
- Add barbecue sauce to taste (I use a whole bottle)
- Stir well and reduce temp to warm for serving.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw on the sandwich or on the side (optional).
Just talking about this Best Ever Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork recipe is making my mouth water! It can cook all day, while I go about my day. Then we come home to a warm meal! It doesn’t get easier than that! You may also want to try our Crock Pot Herb Pork Chops or our Easy Crockpot Baked Potatoes! If you’re looking for a really great crock pot, try this one! It has a locking lid and a timer!