Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Swanson’s Blogger Program but all the 100% of the love I have for Swanson’s is all my own.
One Pot Meal Idea: Hearty Chicken and Spinach Soup
I’m all about a quick and easy meal. It can be a bit tough to pull of a healthy meal that’s quick and easy though. I ended up making the most amazing one pot meal yesterday! It’s called my Hearty Chicken and Spinach soup. As much as I would love to take credit for the seasonings and flavor, I’m going to have to give the credit to Swanson for this one.
Swanson has a new broth line that is flavor infused. Basically it’s taking the guess work out of seasoning our foods, which to me can be the hardest part of the meal. Chicken can be made into many types of meal ideas depending on the seasonings you use. My husband loves to eat chicken so it’s pretty important for me to change it up all the time.
You have got to try this new soup recipe that I created.
- 1 cup onions
- 1 cup mushrooms (your choice)
- 1 Bell Pepper (Red, Green or Orange)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 32 oz box of Swanson Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth
- 2 - 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Optional: 1 cup noodles of your choice
- Start by dicing all of your veggies (Onions, Mushrooms and Bell Pepper)
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a frying pan and cook the veggies until they are tender.
- Dice the cooked chicken breasts.
- Add the full box of Swanson Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth to your veggie mix in your deep dish frying pan.
- Add the diced chicken and 1 cup of raw noodles.
- Cook on medium heat for about 15 - 20 minutes or until the noodles are nice and soft.
- Once the noodles are completely cooked add two large handfuls of fresh spinach and serve it immediately.
This meal can be made with lots of different fresh ingredients depending on your specific tastes. Don’t be afraid to experiment and add your favorites. We suggest adding fire roasted tomatoes, corn, black beans, carrots or any other vegetable you have a love for. We have a huge love for fresh spinach and mushrooms so it’s a must at our house.
Normally I’m talking about Swanson’s chicken broth around the holidays but not this time. Swanson has a few different flavor infused broths to try plus a brand new cream starter too. I can’t wait to try every single one of them. It’s easy to make healthy food options with Swanson’s.
Tip: There is no need to add any spices what so ever. Swanson added just the right amount of seasonings to make this meal perfect.
So what’s for dinner at your house tonight? Do you love one pot meal ideas as much as I do?
Here’s a process photo you can share on Pinterest: