Ham and Cheese Beach Bento
Can you imagine how amazed your kids would be to open their lunch and find this! Even though this Ham and Cheese Beach Bento looks complicated, it was actually pretty easy to put together. It’s also a great way to get a good variety of foods into their meal and keep it exciting. I love that the food keeps with a beach theme and really makes lunch time more fun. We practiced at home the first time, just to see how this would work. But now, the beach bento is requested pretty often! Plus, I will give you some cute printable notes that you can stick in there to make it just a little more special.
- 2 slices of honey ham
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 pretzel roll (or hoagie roll)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 raisin
- ¼ cup of Goldfish Crackers
- leaf lettuce
- ½ of an orange
- Blue Jell-O
- 1 box of Swedish Fish candy
- 1 Low fat milk carton
- Prepare Jell-O according to directions and pour in serving size containers and allow to nearly set.
- Add one Swedish fish to each Jell-O container.
- Take pretzel roll and notch out each side and the rear to create a fish shape. If your bento is small, split the roll in half first to make two fish.
- Notch out mouth and remove a small circle to create an eye.
- Place the raisin in the eye.
- Split the roll and add ham and cheese.
- Place leaf lettuce into the bottom of the box to support fish.
- Place Goldfish Crackers into a serving cup, then set in Bento Box along with the orange and egg.
I tried to do this Ham and Cheese Beach Bento by making the Jello the first time, but it made a lot more than I needed. So we just started buying the individual sized Jello cups, and that works just fine for us. My FAVORITE bento boxes, that we have used for years are the EasyLunchboxes containers. They have three compartments, with lids and are roomy enough to fit a good healthy lunch.
Be sure to check out all of our amazing recipes HERE!