Slow Cooker Apple Butter
One of the biggest struggles I have in the morning with my kids is getting them to eat breakfast. My daughter almost always wants breakfast, but my son has a hard time with it. It’s like his stomach just can’t handle food that early. One thing that we have been doing lately is just a piece of toast with Nutella on it and that has worked great. Especially since I have the 6 Ingredient Copycat Nutella recipe and I can make my own. But now, I think I have another great option. My son LOVES apples so we tried this Slow Cooker Apple Butter recipe and he ate it right up! It’s really easy to make and I feel better that he’s at least had something to eat before school.
- 3lb of Apples
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of Cloves
- ¼ tsp of Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp of Salt
- Core, peel and chop the apples into bite sized pieces.
- Place the apples in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the apples.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce to low and cook for 10-12 hours until the mixture turns a dark brown.
- Use an immersion blender to remove any lumps or process in the blender in batches.
- Leave uncovered and cooking for 1-2 hours until the mixture thickens.
- Allow to cool.
- Transfer apple butter to airtight containers and store in the refrigerator.
Now I know the cooking time on this Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe is a little crazy! But it’s called “slow cooker” for a reason! And it’s not like you are at the stove that whole time, the crock pot is doing all of the work for you. Other than the slow cooker, the only other thing you need to make this recipe go smoothly is an apple corer. If you don’t have one, I suggest trying this one. It works great!