Homemade Mini Corn Dogs
Can you tell that I’m starting to get really excited about Spring and Summer?? I love that time of year. When my kids are out of school, we like to go on little adventures, do lots of crafts together and we do A LOT of cooking together. So I’m starting to get some recipes together that I want to do with the kids and this one is definitely on my list! Check out our Homemade Mini Corn Dogs! These are the perfect size for little hands and also make great snacks at parties or fun summer gatherings.
- 1 package of Wieners
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 quart of vegetable oil (for frying)
- 20 wooden skewers
- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add in the eggs and milk and mix until well blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a tall glass or mason jar.
- Preheat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cut the wieners in half. Then insert the skewers into wiener halves and dip into the batter until well coated. Rotate to allow excess to drip off.
- Fry the corn dogs one or two at a time until lightly browned and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm and with condiments if desired.
My kids are going to be so excited to do this Homemade Mini Corn Dogs recipe! They love to be in the kitchen with me and we always have a good time. You could also use a fry daddy to cook these instead of on the stove. If you don’t have one, then take a look at this one. Sometimes they can be hard to find in the stores, but you can always order it and have it in plenty of time for summer!
We have lots a amazing recipes and you can browse through all of them HERE! There’s a little something for everyone.