Simple Strawberry Mousse Pie
I love desserts that have fresh fruit in them. My mind thinks that this somehow makes them healthier, whether that is the case or not. So this Simple Strawberry Mousse Pie is right up my alley. I think this would also be good with other fruits, maybe blueberries? We have several other delicious pie recipes that you can try too. A couple of my favorites are the Creamy Peanut Butter Pie and our Frozen Candy Cane Pie! They all go together really easy and are sure to please just about anyone’s sweet tooth!
- 1 package of strawberry Jell-O gelatin
- ⅔ cup of boiling water
- 4 ice cubes
- 8oz of Cool Whip
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Mix the Jell-O gelatin and boiling water in a medium bowl. Stir until the Jell-O is dissolved.
- Add the ice cubes and stir until Jell-O cools and begins to thicken.
- Whisk in the Cool Whip to incorporate and then add diced strawberries. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the graham cracker crust and refrigerate for several hours to set.
- Top with whipped cream (optional) and sliced strawberries before serving.
The only real cook time for this Simple Strawberry Mousse Pie is boiling the small amount of water! Of course, the hardest part of this recipe is the time that it’s in the refrigerator setting up. Since it’s made with gelatin, can you imagine the possibilities? I’m definitely going to try this with other fruits! If you love quick and easy pie recipes like we do, then check out this cookbook! It has some great recipes on how to use fresh fruits this spring and summer and you can get the Kindle version for just $2.99!