Slow Cooker Mexican Dip
Last week we shared our Make at Home Chips and Salsa recipe with you. Today we wanted to share this delicious Slow Cooker Mexican Dip recipe! You could make both of these recipes in very little time and be ready to party! We live in Texas and I will tell you, we make this Mexican dip or better known as queso ALL OF THE TIME. We make it for family get togethers, birthday parties, sports events or even just because we want to on the weekend. The reason that we make it in the slow cooker, is so that it will stay warm for the duration of our party. You can turn it to warm and it will be good to go for hours.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 lb Velveeta
- 2 tbsp diced Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 10oz cans Rotel Tomato & Chiles
- 1 bunch Green Onions (optional)
- Brown the ground beef and cook with the onions and garlic.
- Drain any excess grease and return meat to the skillet.
- Add ¼ cup water.
- Add jalapenos and taco seasoning.
- Stir and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the crock pot.
- Cut the Velveeta into small cubes and add to the crock pot.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, and reduce to warm.
- Slice green onions into thin slices for garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Well, what do you think about our Slow Cooker Mexican Dip recipe? Something that we do sometimes is use ground breakfast sausage instead of ground beef and it gives it a whole new amazing flavor. When making Mexican dip or queso, you will want to use a smaller crock pot or slow cooker. One like this is the perfect size!