Sliced Baked Potato
I think it’s pretty safe to say that potatoes are a common side dish among families everywhere. White potatoes and sweet potatoes mashed, made into fries, cubed or simmered into a hot soup. The possibilities are endless when it come to potatoes. We’ve shared several yummy recipes where potatoes are the star. Just a few of our favorites are our Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, our yummy Baked Potato Skins Copycat Recipe and don’t forget these Easy Campfire Potatoes Recipe! If you go camping any time soon, you’ve got to try those! Well, we are back at it again with a well known recipe and an added twist! Check out our Sliced Baked Potato Recipe and see what you think!
- 4 large Baking Potatoes
- 8oz Cheddar Cheese - I like to use the block of cheese and cut it into slices, but shredded will work too.
- 3 sliced Green Onions (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 slices Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set a baking sheet to the side.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Make a series of vertical slices through the width of the potatoes, going about ¾ way through the potatoes. Do not cut all the way through.
- Rub the potatoes down with olive oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and bake for 45 minutes.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Drain it on paper towels and cut into small pieces or crumble it up.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and insert cheese slices and bacon into the slices you cur into the potato, being careful not to bust the potatoes.
- Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion slices and sour cream if you like.
This Sliced Baked Potato Recipe is so easy and they are so yummy! These baking mats will work great for these too. You don’t have to just use them for cookies!