Easy Crockpot Baked Potatoes
I went a little crockpot crazy for a while and I’m happy to report it is still out on the counter and in full force! I’ve made baked potatoes in the oven, the microwave and now in the crockpot! This is our Easy Crockpot Baked Potatoes recipe! I like baked potatoes as a side dish, but I also like to cut them up (skin and all) and just have that as my meal. Cooking them this way does take longer than in the oven or in the microwave, but it does the cooking for you while you get other things done! It’s 2015! And I have a lot of stuff that I want to get done around the house, and cooking isn’t at the top of the list!
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1½ tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Scrub and pat dry potatoes.
- Pierce each potato 6-8 times (all over) with a fork.
- Rub each potato with about a teaspoon of olive oil covering the skin.
- Season with salt and pepper and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove from the foil and serve warm.
I told you these were EASY Crockpot Baked Potatoes! These are great for a party too because you can keep them warm in the crockpot and let people serve themselves. Just put out a good assortment of toppings and you’re done! Some of our other easy party recipes that you may want to try are our Pumpkin Pie Snack Mix and our Easy Snowball Cookies!
Looking for more appetizer or party food ideas? Check out this cookbook! It has over 400 recipes!