Watermelon and Cucumber Salad
I love when summer finally comes around and there is fresh, sweet and tasty watermelon available everywhere! We’ve made watermelon sorbet, watermelon lemonade and lots of times just cut it up and eat it plain. I recently made this amazing Watermelon and Cucumber Salad and had to share it with you. This was super easy to put together and the perfect treat on a hot Texas day! Watermelon and cucumbers are two things I can’t say I have put together before. But this dish was delicious and so refreshing!
- ¼ of a ripe watermelon, diced into bite-size chunks
- ½ of a cucumber, diced into bite-size chunks. I wash them and leave the skin on
- 2 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the watermelon and cucumber chunks and set to the side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese on top of the watermelon and cucumber mixture, and pour the olive oil "dressing" on top.
- Garnish with strips of mint leaves on top.
The recipe given above is for a serving of two, but it can easily be doubled (or more) to serve larger groups. Be sure to check out all of our amazing recipes HERE!
Want more recipes like this? Check out this Summer Salads Cookbook! You can get the Kindle version for just $2.99!