Weeknight Spaghetti Meat Sauce
Today we are going to share our Weeknight Spaghetti Meat Sauce recipe with you! Yes, you can buy some in a jar or a can and add ground beef to it. But I really like to make my own. I like to know what all goes in it and what my family is eating. It also makes the house smell really good so that’s an added bonus. I think the longest part of this recipe is just slicing or chopping up all of the ingredients to go in it. I like to cut everything up really small (smaller that what we did here) so my kids don’t pick around everything. Just follow the easy steps below to make your own delicious sauce.
- 1 lb Ground Beef - I prefer lean beef
- 28oz crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5-6oz mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ Red Bell Pepper
- ¼ Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Basil
- ½ tsp crushed Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Brown the ground beef, on the stove in a large pan. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Heat the Olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic until onions are transparent.
- Add the ground beef and all of the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.
That’s how easy it is to make Weeknight Spaghetti Meat Sauce! To make the meal complete, I serve this with a salad and some garlic bread. One thing, the red pepper flake will give this dish some heat. If you think it may be too hot for the little ones, you can leave it out. We are adding new recipes all of the time, so be sure to come back and visit us often. You can browse through all of our yummy recipes HERE!
Looking for more easy weeknight dishes? Then check out this cookbook!