Chocolate Oreo Truffles
I know Christmas is over (although my living room looks like we are unaware of this) and I am trying to get away from these “holiday” recipes, but these Chocolate Oreo Truffles are something that can definitely be made all year long! Sine we did make these during the holidays, we added a little extra decoration to them just for the occasion. But you can leave them plain or decorate accordingly to any celebration you are having.
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 14.5 oz of Oreo Cookies
- 14 oz of chocolate chips - milk chocolate or dark chocolate, whatever you prefer.
- candy decorations (optional)
- Line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and crushed cookies until well blended.
- Form the cream cheese mixture into 1" balls and place on the prepared sheet. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the chocolate chips by microwaving for 1 minute, stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using a fork, dip each ball into chocolate to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to tray. Let truffles sit out to set until the chocolate is hard or you can place the tray back in the freezer to speed up the process.
- You can optionally decorate with candy decorations.
Just talking about these Chocolate Oreo Truffles makes me want to run into the kitchen and whip some up again. I have had a real sweet tooth lately and the holidays have been no help. I think these would also be great if you used the mint flavored Oreo cookies….those are my favorite! Be sure to check out all of our yummy recipes HERE!
On a side note, I recently burned up my little food processor and was on the hunt for a new one. I use mine a lot, so this is a big deal for me. I LOVE this one by Kitchenaid! And they come in fun colors, which for some reason is always a big deal for me.