Chocolate Pretzel Bunnies
Seriously!! How cute are these Chocolate Pretzel Bunnies?? As you may already know, I love mixing sweet and salty together because it satisfies all of my cravings. Well, this cute little treat takes care of all of those and they are so fun. The kids almost didn’t want to eat them at first…but they got over that real quick! Now, these do take a little time to make. But it’s not cooking intensive or anything like that. Just a little patience to do all of the decorating. If you have an Easter party at school or even just some family getting together for the day, these are a great treat to bring along.
- 24 Mini Pretzels
- 1 cup of White Candy Melting Chips
- 24 Black Decorating Pearls (or Mini Chocolate Chips)
- 4 Pink Starbursts
- Red Candy Decorating Pen OR ⅛ cup of Red Candy Melting Chips
- Black decorating pen
- Knead and flatten each Starburst out into a rectangle. You will want it to be fairly flat.
- Cut each Starburst to create 48 inner ears (1/8" x ½") and 24 pink noses. Then lay to the side.
- Lay the pretzels out on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Heat the white candy chips by microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the chocolate to the corner of a zippered bag and clip a tiny piece off of the corner to pipe.
- Pipe candy over the inside of the pretzel to form the shape of a bunny head. Smooth with finger if necessary.
- Place the black decorating pearls for eyes and the Starburst ears and noses.
- Heat the red candy chips by microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted. Then use a toothpick to draw a red mouth OR use the candy decorating pen to draw one in.
- Use the black decorating pen to draw on whiskers.
- Place the cookie sheet with completed bunnies in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow the candy to set.
Once the steps are all written out, these Chocolate Pretzel Bunnies are actually really easy to do! We will be adding several more Easter recipes nefore the big day so be sure to visit us often. We kicked it off with our Peeps Bunny Cupcakes and in case you missed it, you can see the recipe HERE!
Looking for more Easter treats and crafts? Then check out this book! It has fun things the whole family can do together.