Best Ever French Toast Muffins
It’s a snack, it’s breakfast, it’s a dessert….it’s anything you want it to be! These Best Ever French Toast Muffins are great for any time of the day. This is a whole new twist on french toast and I’ll take it! I have to say, my husband is actually the designated french toast maker in our house. I had never made it before and he ventured out to make it one morning. It was delicious…so I thought he should make it from now on. BUT…..now that me and the kids tried these Best Ever French Toast Muffins, it looks like the job has fallen back on me.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1½ cups of milk
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of cold butter
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with butter and cut the bread into ½" cubes.
- Divide the bread between all 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Slowly add about 1½ oz of liquid mixture over the bread in each cup. You want the liquid to soak in. I use a baster to make this part easier and less messy.
- Cover the muffin tin and refrigerate for several hours. I actually do this the night before.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix until you have well blended crumbs.
- Cover the muffins evenly with this topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
The prep time for these Best Ever French Toast Muffins isn’t very much, but you do have to allow for the time in the fridge too. If you don’t happen to have a baster, try THIS ONE! It comes with a cleaning brush too, which is really helpful.
Be sure to check out our growing list of recipes! You can see them all HERE!