`Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes
I was REALLY craving these Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes today. But there is one problem. You may or may not have heard that we have a slight ice cream problem here in Texas. Actually, if I’m being totally honest….it’s a big problem! We have a serious ice cream shortage around here and to a lot of us Texans, there just is no other option. My husband will not be happy, but I ventured out and bought another brand of ice cream just so we could have these. GASP! There, I admitted it! Now that I have that off my chest, let’s get to this amazing recipe!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes
- 1 box Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 quart Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- Put liners in a cupcake pan and set to the side.
- Prepare the cake batter according to the box directions.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 1/3 full and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer to allow it to soften.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Fill the remainder of the cupcake liner with ice cream pressing down to remove any trapped air.
- Place the cupcake pan in the freezer to harden for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar.
- Beat in the milk, mixing until fluffy.
- Transfer the icing to the corner of a medium sized zipper bag, try to minimize the trapped air and close. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe.
- Pipe the icing around the top of each cupcake and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Remove the cupcake liner before serving.
Keep in mind that these Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes have to sit in the fridge for an hour to harden, so it really doesn’t take that long to actually make them. Just for fun we also sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top of our icing. Wouldn’t these be PERFECT for a summer birthday party? And you can really make them using any flavor of ice cream you like. We are adding new recipes every day, so be sure to visit us often. You can always browse through all of our recipes HERE!
Looking for some really amazing cupcake ideas? Be sure to check out this cookbook!