DIY Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
If there is one thing that I always like to keep stocked in my pantry it is creamy soups that I cook with. Cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup go in so many recipes! If I’m looking for a quick lunch I will have cream of mushroom by itself, but I’m quick to throw it into a casserole too! This DIY Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe will help make sure you always have this versatile ingredient on hand. Plus, you made it yourself so you know what went into it and it is always fresh.
- ¾ cup of mushrooms, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup of flour
- ⅔ cup of milk
- 1¼ cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of celery salt
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil in a large pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and flour until flour is dissolved.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and continue whisking until well incorporated.
- Add the milk/flour mixture to the broth, whisking to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium, allow to cook until thickened (3-5 minutes) stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Use immediately or store in airtight container in refrigerator.
I don’t make a ton of this DIY Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup at one time. Since you’re not actually canning it, I’m not sure how long it will stay good in the fridge. BUT…we go through it so quickly, so if I make a double batch or so then it is fine. I also like to use this as just my soup option. I keep all of the other ingredients on hand anyway, so usually the only thing I need to pick up are fresh mushrooms. Be sure to check out all of our amazing recipes HERE! We add more every day so be sure to visit us often!
Looking for more great soup ideas? Check out this cookbook! It has over 400 soup and stew ideas!