Easy Peppermint Cheesecake Parfait
I guess for now the holidays are actually over. But if you do a lot of baking and cooking in general like we do, you may have some left over ingredients that you’re just not sure what to do with. This Easy Peppermint Cheesecake Parfait is the perfect recipe to help “clear out” some of those left over ingredients. I always seem to have too much cream cheese and Cool Whip after we finish up Christmas and this is how we finish it off!
- 5oz of Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 box of white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 box of cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 8oz of cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp of peppermint extract
- 8oz of whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- Finely crush the chocolate wafers in a food processor.
- Add the melted butter and pulse again until combined.
- Spoon mixture into individual serving cups.
- Combine the milk and white chocolate pudding mix and mix until blended. Then set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add the white chocolate pudding mix, dry cheesecake pudding mix, food coloring and peppermint extract. Continue beating until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Fold in the whipped topping and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow to set.
- Using a piping bag or zippered bag with the corner cut, pipe mixture into cups on top of crumb layer.
- Garnish with a candy cane, chocolate cookies or crushed peppermints.
The prep time for these Easy Peppermint Cheesecake Parfaits includes the time that it is in the refrigerator setting up. So not to shabby! Since we made these right after Christmas, we added a peppermint stick for decoration because we also have several of those still around. But this is a great little dessert to make all year long! For more easy desserts, you could also try our Easy Snowball Cookies or our Cake Mix M&M Cookies!
One thing that I love to have in my kitchen is a good set of stainless steel mixing bowls! If you have also been looking for a set, try this one!