DIY Nutter Butter Snowman
Chocolate, peanut butter and crispy cookies…that’s my kind of snack! These are our DIY Nutter Butter Snowman! They are really cute and really yummy! The recipe below will show you step by step how to put these cute little snowmen together. We’re going to keep the fun recipes going through the end of the year so be sure to visit us often. Just in case you missed it, try our Christmas Tree Rice Krispies or these cute Easy Rudolph Truffles! Now on to our bundled up snowman treats!
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- ½ cup of white melting chocolate
- 36 M&M Minis
- 24 M&M's
- 3 Laffy Taffys
- 4 Candy Corns OR 2 orange Starburst pieces
- black food marker or melted chocolate - the marker is much easier
- Roll out each Laffy Taffy until about 1/16" thick.
- Cut each into 4 length wise strips to use as scarves
- Cut each Candy corn or Starburst into triangular pieces to use as carrot noses.
- Melt white chocolate by microwaving for 45 seconds then stirring. If not melted, heat additional 15 seconds and stir, repeating until smooth.
- Line a cutting board or cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Dip each Nutter Butter in chocolate and shake off excess. Then place on prepared sheet.
- Position 3 M&M Minis as "buttons".
- Position nose and 3 regular M&M's as earmuffs.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Using a knife, carefully trim off any excess chocolate.
- Using food marker, or melted chocolate and toothpick, draw in coal eyes and mouth.
- Wrap the Laffy Taffy scarf around each snowman, and gently press together where it overlaps.
Voila! That is all it takes to make these DIY Nutter Butter Snowman treats! If you have a hard time getting the nose and earmuffs to stick, just add a dab of white chocolate with a toothpick and hold it for a couple of seconds. The food marker will make the eyes and mouth much easier to do. If you can’t find one, you can always order this set. You may find that you start to use these a lot when decorating small spaces.