Easter Mini Cakes In A Jar
Have you already started getting ready for Easter morning? I haven’t done a thing! We always go to my sister’s for Easter and I usually run around like crazy the day before trying to get everything together for the kids. I have managed to share a couple of fun and easy Easter recipes already and in case you missed them they are our Peeps Bunny Cupcakes and these Chocolate Pretzel Bunnies! Today, I wanted to share these Easter Mini Cakes In A Jar! Super cute, right? My kids love the little chocolate bunnies on top. Here’s how to make your own batch!
- 1 box of yellow or white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of milk
- candy decorations
- mini chocolate bunnies
- 16 (4oz) Mason jars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set your mason jars to the side.
- Make cake batter according to box directions.
- Pour the batter into the Mason jars, filling a little less than half full.
- Place the jars on a baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cream the butter, vanilla and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the milk until desired consistency of the icing is reached.
- Ice the tops of cakes.
- Sprinkle with candy decorations and place a chocolate bunny on the top of each.
Well, what do you think about our Easter Mini Cakes In A Jar? You could also make these ahead (leaving the icing off), put the lids on your jars and then take them to your Easter gathering with you. Put out a variety of sprinkles and decorations, and let people create their own!
There is something about individual desserts in a jar that is just adorable to me. If you like this idea too, then check out this cookbook! There are 50 different treat in a jar ideas!