Peeps Bunny Cupcakes
I can not believe that Easter is just right around the corner! I love this time of year. Everything is so bright and colorful, the weather starts to warm up and that means that summer is on it’s way! One thing that we ALWAYS have for Easter is Peeps. They make them in all sorts of different shapes and flavors now…not just the yellow ones like when I was young. My kiddos baskets always have a package or two of Peeps in it, but I also like to get some in advance to make some delicious treats with. I have a few recipes to share with you using Peeps, but I’m going to start with these Peeps Bunny Cupcakes! They are really adorable and you can make the icing fun and in bright colors.
- 1 box of cake mix - any flavor you like.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- food coloring - I like to get the neon colors for this recipe.
- Peeps Chicks or Bunnies
- Bake the cupcakes according to the box directions.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Cream the butter in a medium bowl. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is the right consistency.
- Divide the frosting into equal size batches of the number of colors desired and add several drops of color to each.
- Transfer the icing to a piping bag or to a zippered bag and clip the corner.
- Pipe icing onto cupcakes and top with Peeps.
- You can also add sugar sprinkles if desired.
Another way you can change up this Peeps Bunny Cupcakes recipe is to use different flavors of cake batter. We used vanilla this time, but you could do chocolate or any of the fun flavors that always come out for Spring. If you’ve been with us for some time, you know we love to be creative and have fun with cupcakes. I’ll be sharing some more festive recipes before Easter, but in the meantime check out our Easy Lucky Charms Cupcakes or our Crunchy Caramel Apple Cupcakes!
Want more fun cupcake ideas? Check out this cookbook! There are some really cute ones!