Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Recipe
It has been one big rainy day, bad weather mess here in Texas for a few days now. The one thing that does not make me want to do is spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking. So I’m sure you can guess what I turned to….my trusty slow cooker! I seriously love this thing and it’s the only way I can pull off this amazing Slow Cooker Cheese Steak recipe! To me, the meat for cheese steak sandwiches just needs to cook for hours so it gets all of that yummy flavor. And to be really honest, I just don’t have that kind of time to tend to it all day. So let the slow cooker do all of the work, serve this up with some potato chips or a salad and DONE!
- 2 lb Beef Roast - I like to trim mine up pretty lean if it isn't already done.
- 1½ cups of beef broth
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of minced Garlic
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- To make the sandwiches:
- Hoagie or Sub Rolls
- Place the beef roast, broth, soy sauce, minced garlic, ½ of the peppers and ½ the onions in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Add the remaining onions and peppers and cook for another hour. We pull the meat apart with 2 forks at this point (while it's in the slow cooker) so all of the flavors cook in good.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set a baking sheet to the side.
- Open the sub rolls and place a slice of provolone on each side. Heat until the cheese is melted and bread is slightly crunchy.
- Top with meat mixture and serve.
There really isn’t a lot of prep time for this Slow Cooker Cheese Steak recipe, but I put 20 minutes in to allow for time to melt the cheese on the sub rolls and to shred the roast. But that’s really all there is to do. I have said this before but I’m going to share it again! This is the best slow cooker EVER! You can program the cook time in it and it automatically switches to warm when it is done. Plus it has a locking lid, so it will easily travel with you on the go.
We are adding new recipes every day, so be sure to come back and visit us often! You can browse through all of our recipes HERE!