Halloween Oreo Eyeballs
So….I had a hard time deciding if these Halloween Oreo Eyeballs are cute, scary or something else. Maybe they’re a little bit of all of that. I made these while the kids were at school as a little surprise for them when they got home. My son LOVES Oreos, so I thought he would especially enjoy these. At first, they didn’t really know what to think! But when they realized it was one of their favorite cookies, decorated for Halloween, they couldn’t wait to try them. This is a fun little snack that kids would also love to help you make.
- 12 Oreos
- 12 Life Saver Gummies
- 12 Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup of red candy melting chips
- Carefully remove the tops of Oreos and save for use in another treat.
- Place the rest of the cookie (with the filling) on a cookie sheet.
- Melt red candy chips by heating in a microwave for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Transfer the red candy to a zippered sandwich bag and clip a tiny tip for piping.
- Pipe tiny red zig-zag lines from center of cookie to edges to simulate bloodshot eyes.
- Place a Life Saver Gummie in the middle of the cookie (this is the iris).
- Pipe some red chocolate in the middle of the gummie (in the hole) to act as glue and place a chocolate chip (flat side up) to be the pupil.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes.
The next time I make these Halloween Oreo Eyeballs, I think I might just buy one of those small tubes of red icing (the one with the very small tip). It will save a little bit of time and I can save it for another recipe. Don’t know what to do with the tops of the cookies? You can use them to make our Easy Graveyard Pudding Cups! That way nothing goes to waste.
Looking for more fun Halloween treat ideas? Check out this cookbook!