Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Talk about getting into the spirit of Fall…..This Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread is the ticket! This was really easy to make, absolutely mouth watering delicious and made the house smell SO GOOD! There’s just something about the colder months that makes me want to bake so we were super excited to try out this Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread. It will look and taste like you been in the kitchen for hours, but your secret is safe with me!
- FOR THE BATTER:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and spray the bottom of a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg and oil until well combined. Then slowly stir this into flour mixture until blended.
- To make the swirl, mix the cinnamon and ½ cup sugar in small bowl.
- Pour half of the batter into pan then sprinkle ⅔ of the swirl mixture on top.
- Pour the remaining batter and sprinkle the top with remaining swirl mixture.
- Take a knife or spatula and drag through the batter to make a swirl.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (cooking times vary a lot).
- Cool, in loaf pan, for 10 minutes then remove and place on wire rack.
- For the glaze, place powdered sugar in a bowl and slowly add the milk. Continue to stir until you get a syrup consistency, then drizzle over loaf.
We like to make this Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe, slice it and store it in an airtight container and then heat it up for breakfast! You can also make it without the glaze, but we prefer it on there. Want more recipes like this one, check out the Bread For Breakfast cookbook!
Be sure to browse all of our amazing recipes HERE!