Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole Recipe
We have kind of been on a slow cooker roll lately, so we just figured we would keep on going with it. Yesterday we shared our Slow Cooker Cheese Steak recipe so today we thought we’d start at the beginning of the day with this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole! Let me go ahead and prepare you, this is a large recipe and can feed several people. Or….a couple of people can have breakfast ready to go for several days. Below, you’ll see what all we put in our casserole, but you can switch it up and put pretty much anything you like in here. Sometimes I’ll make biscuits to go with this or just slice up some fresh fruit and we are good to go!
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 1 bag Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes 32 oz
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. Then cook and drain it on paper towels. (You could use precooked bacon to speed up the process).
- Add half of the bag of hash browns to bottom of the slow cooker.
- To start the layers, add half of your bacon.
- Add half of the onions.
- Add half of the green and red peppers.
- Add half of the cheese.
- Then add the remaining hash browns.
- To finish the layers, add the remaining bacon, remaining onions, remaining green and red peppers and the remaining cheese.
- In a medium to large sized bowl, beat the eggs and milk together.
- Pour the egg mixture over your casserole.
- Add salt and pepper on top.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours or warm for 8 hours.
- Serve warm.
Because this is a breakfast item, the timing to make this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole can be a little tricky. I like to make this when we have family in town for the weekend. We usually stay up late anyway, and I can put it on warm before we go to bed. Then it’s ready to go when we get up in the morning. Or….You can get up a little early, use the pre-cooked bacon to save time and throw it together in the morning. Let it cook while you go rest for a while longer and have it for brunch!
Looking for more easy casserole ideas? Then check out this cookbook! It has 50 recipes and covers breakfast, lunch and dinner!