Summer Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
These Summer Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy and just scream eat me! We love to make lemonade in the summer. We usually slice up fresh fruits to add to ours and strawberries is definitely one of the fruits we use. Now, you know how much we also LOVE our cupcakes! Could this recipe be any more perfect? Some of our most recent cupcake recipes that we shared are our Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes and these delicious Pretzel Butterfly Cupcakes! Okay, before I get too off track let’s get back to this yummy recipe!
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 tbsp Sweetened Lemonade mix
- 16oz package Frozen Strawberries in Sugar, thawed
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Butter
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ cup Sweetened Lemonade mix
- 2 tbsp Water
- Chewy Lemonheads candy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and put liners in the cupcake pan.
- Stir together the cake mix, dry Jello gelatin and 2 tbsp of lemonade mix.
- Puree the strawberries and then add the strawberries, eggs and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth and blended.
- Pour the batter into the liners until about ⅔ full and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, cream the butter in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and ⅓ cup of lemonade mix. Add water as needed, until everything is incorporated and the frosting is the right consistency.
- Transfer the icing to a piping bag or a zippered bag and clip the corner to pipe.
- Ice the tops of each cupcake and optionally dust with sparkling sugar. Add a Lemonhead candy to the top of each cupcake if desired.
Well, are you ready to make some Summer Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes? I can go ahead and tell you they are as delicious as they look! If you haven’t checked out the big book of cupcakes yet, you should really take a look. It has 175 amazing recipes to try!