Easy Pretzel Chicks
We are just 5 short days away from the Easter holiday! We’ve already share some fun and easy recipes for you to celebrate with like our Layered Peeps Pudding Cups, these cute Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes and our Chocolate Pretzel Bunnies! I love any kind of dessert that mixes sweet and salty all into one. So today we wanted to share these Easy Pretzel Chicks! Super cute, right? I know when some people see some of our recipes or crafts they are probably thinking….who has the time to do this?? But doing things like this with my kids is so much fun and something we love to do together. And these Easy Pretzel Chicks really go together pretty easy.
- 24 Mini Pretzels
- 1 cup of Yellow Candy Melting Chips
- 24 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 Orange Starbursts
- Cut one Starburst into 3 rectangular strips (1/4" x ¾")
- Cut each of those in half, creating 6 - ¼" x ⅜" rectangles.
- Now cut each of those diagonally creating 12 triangles for beaks.
- Repeat with other Starburst, giving you 24 beaks.
- Lay the pretzels out on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Heat the Yellow Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the chocolate to the corner of a zippered bag and clip a tiny piece off of the corner to pipe.
- Pipe the candy over the inside of the pretzel to form the shape of a chick. Smooth with finger if necessary.
- Place one mini chocolate chip for the eye and the Starburst triangles for beaks.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow candy to set.
Voila! That is all it takes to make these Easy Pretzel Chicks! One little tip….after I placed of few of the mini chocolate chips for the eyes, I started turning them over so the flat side was on the top. That way you can slightly press the pointed end into the chocolate. And I just thought it looked better that way.
Want more easy Easter treat ideas? Check out this cookbook! You can get it for free with Kindle Unlimited!