One of my favorite dessert combinations is peanut butter and chocolate! If this is something you love too, then you’ve got to try these Peanut Butter Buckeyes! These are like little bites of heaven and you can make up a big batch of them in no time. The hardest part of this recipe is that they have to sit in the fridge for a while to harden up….I hate that part. It’s like watching paint dry when you have to do a second coat!
- 1½ cups of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of shortening
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the peanut butter, butter, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, stirring it into the mixture until it is well incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared sheet. Insert a toothpick into each ball.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer until hard (about 30 minutes).
- Combine the chocolate chips and shortening.
- Melt by microwaving for 1 minute, stirring, and repeating until smooth and melted.
- Use the toothpick as a handle to dip peanut butter ball into the chocolate (leave a small circle uncoated on top of each).
- Gently shake off excess and place back on sheet. Refrigerate for several hours until chocolate sets.
- Remove toothpicks and smooth over the hole.
I think I might try these Peanut Butter Buckeyes with crunchy peanut butter and mint flavored chocolate chips next time. I’m the only one in my house that likes crunchy peanut butter so I wont have to share! Be sure to check out all of our yummy recipes HERE! The list is growing every day so be sure to visit us often!
If you love peanut butter like I do, check out this cookbook! It has over 100 recipes!