Easy Sun Shaped Sugar Scrub Bars
It’s been a little while since we’ve done a fun craft so we wanted to share these Easy Sun Shaped Sugar Scrub Bars! This cute little craft only takes five ingredients to make. Since these are in the shape of the sun, we used a yellow colorant to make our sugar scrub bars. You can buy these little molds in all kinds of different shapes and use any shade of color that you like. This would make a great mother’s day present or even a fun teacher’s gift. Can you believe school is almost over??
- ¼ cup of Coconut Oil
- ½ cup of Melt and Pour Soap Base, shredded or cubed
- 3-4 drops of you favorite Essential Oil
- 1 cup of Sugar
- Mica Colorant (Optional)
- In a double boiler, melt your shredded soap. If you do not have a double boiler, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in-between until melted.
- Mix in the coconut oil until combined and then add in your essential oil.
- Add in your color mica and mix until you get a uniform color.
- Mix in the sugar and stir until well combined. You are looking for a slushy like consistency.
- Pour the mixture into your molds and allow to dry for 1-2 hours before removing from the molding.
- *If your sugar and soap mixture gets to thick, microwave on 10 second bursts until you are able to pour.
Aren’t these Easy Sun Shaped Sugar Scrub Bars adorable? We’ve done a few other sugar scrubs that you might also like to try. Check out our DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub, this DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub or maybe our DIY Heart Bath Bombs! With summer coming and the kids being home I hope to have several more crafts to share with you that we do together. If you’re looking for a certain shape mold, you can usually find it online. We found this heart shaped one and this cute flower one!