Homemade Pumpkin Roll Recipe
I’m starting to see pumpkins, costumes and orange and black everywhere! I’ve got a LOT of festive and yummy recipes to share with you over the next few months, so be sure to check in with us often. In case you missed them, we’ve already talked about our Spooky Apple Monster Mouths, Easy Halloween Popcorn and IHOP Pumpkin Pancakes Copycat Recipe. But today I want to share this Homemade Pumpkin Roll Recipe with you! It’s great for parties and travels well, if that’s something you have to consider. If you’re like me, you’ve started packing your pantry with cans of pumpkin puree. This is a recipe you can put it to good use on!
- For the Cake:
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar to sprinkle on your towel
- ¾ cup of flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of ground cloves
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 can of 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Line pan with wax or parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray. A jelly-roll pan is a baking sheet around these dimensions: 12½ x 17½ by 1 inch
- Sprinkle a thin kitchen towel with powdered sugar (try to use one that will not give off fuzz).
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, in a separate bowl, beat the eggs and granulated sugar until thick (this takes a bit of time).
- Add the pumpkin to the egg mixture and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Gradually, add in your flour mixture and mix.
- Spread the batter on your prepared pan with paper.
- Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Immediately loosen and turn cake over onto the prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper.
- Roll up the cake and towel together, starting with the narrow end, and cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium sized bowl or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Unroll the cake and spread the cream cheese mixture over cake evenly.
- Roll the cake up again and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Don’t let the directions for this Homemade Pumpkin Roll scare you off! The cook time also includes the time in the refrigerator. It actually goes together easier than you might think. If you find that you don’t have the right pan for this recipe, try THIS ONE. It’s a great price and will help your treat turn out perfectly.