Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Copycat Recipe
I don’t get to go to Cracker Barrel very often, but when I do, I ALWAYS have to order the fried apples! They are warm and delicious and I crave them the minute we talk about going to eat there. Now, I can have them anytime I want because I just found the best Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Copycat Recipe! This was actually a lot easier to make than I thought it would be and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Most of the ingredients needed I usually have on hand anyway so that’s always a plus for any recipe.
- ¼ cup of butter
- ½ cup of apple cider
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 lbs of golden delicious apples
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp of nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp of allspice
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- Core, peel and cut apples into ¼" wedges.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- Place the apple slices in a single layer in the skillet. Top with the lemon juice then brown sugar and spices.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until tender.
- Remove apples from skillet leaving juices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup apple cider and cornstarch until bended with no lumps.
- Whisk this mixture into the juices in the skillet, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour over apples and mix to coat.
This Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Copycat Recipe is so yummy! I listed it under the desserts because that’s what it is to me. But I would maybe even have this for breakfast! We are adding new recipes every day so be sure to come back and visit us often. You can browse through all of our recipes HERE!
If you don’t have an apple corer, this is the one I use and LOVE!